Have you ever thought about that how a heavy aircraft can fly high in the air without falling to the ground? Which metal they are made from that enables them to fly taking people place to place? You may hear somebody to have a hip transplantation which is made up of metal. Does not it seem to you strange? We know heavy metals are always rejected by our body. Then what metal they are made from? If you consider titanium, you are right. This magic metal is titanium and its performance improves to a great extent when alloyed with some other metals. Titanium metal powder is employed as a key metal for this purpose.
Since 1940's, titanium metal and its alloys have been proven technically superior and cost-effective materials. Titanium has been selected more and more often as the 'metal of choice' for applications where corrosion resistance, light weight, strength and biocompatibility are important. For these properties it is being used in a variety of applications like in industrial, marine, automobiles, aerospace and in many other commercial sectors.
Titanium metal powder is dark gray in color. Supplies of titanium in its pure form are rare, only five percent of the titanium mined today is used in its pure metal form. The metal is as strong as steel with only 45% of its weight. When it is alloyed with other metals, the strength and the ability to withstand extreme temperature improves greatly.
Titanium has the ability to be coated in acidic environment that make it corrosion resistance to acids. It is at least twenty times more erosion resistant than the copper-nickel alloys. It is also nontoxic and biocompatible. These properties make titanium and its alloys useful in a wide range of structural, chemical, petrochemical, marine and biomaterial applications.
Uses of titanium metal powder
* Alloys: Titanium metal powder is used as a raw material for titanium alloy for the aerospace, medical, consumer, motorsports and recreation industries.
* Titanium Metallurgy: Titanium metal powder is used as a raw material for powder metallurgy that offers the possibility of creating net shape or near net shape parts without the material loss and cost.
* Fabrication of intricate parts: It is used as a raw material for titanium powder injection molding, a well-established and cost-effective method of fabricating small-to-moderate size metal components
in large quantities.
* Thermal Spray: It can be used as a raw material of titanium thermal spray protective coating solution.
* Laser Cladding: It is also used in laser cladding techniques to coat or fabricate a near-net shape parts to improved mechanical or corrosion resistance properties.
* Pyrotechnics: The use of titanium in fireworks is generally easy, relatively safe and very effective
* Titanium-carbon: Titanium metal powder is also used in the Production of Titanium Carbon extensively used in the sporting cars.
* Semiconductor and chemistry: chemical parts material, chemical agent valve, elbow, plated parts, and electrode
* Electronic devices: interior/exterior case and the parts of MP3, camera, cellular phone, and electric devices
* Fashion and jewelry: allergy-free fashion subsidiary material, earring, ring, pendant, and design material
* Infant material and toy: human body friendly infant materials and nontoxic toys
* Life devices: shaver, beauty tools, kitchen tools, and home appliances
* Aerospace and marine: parts of aerospace devices, ship frame material, and high-strength titanium parts
* National defense: parts of weapon, shot, tank, cannon, and weather-proof military devices
* Precision machinery: precision titanium parts, titanium alloy, and precision 3-D parts
* Medical devices: implant, surgical devices, artificial bone, and tooth
* Alloys: with steel (Ferro-titanium) to reduce grain size and as a deoxidizer, and in stainless steel to reduce carbon content, with aluminium (to refine grain size), vanadium, copper (to harden), iron, manganese, molybdenum, and with other metals. Applications for titanium mill products (sheet, plate, bar, wire, forgings, castings) can be found in industrial, aerospace, recreational, and emerging markets. Alloys of titanium are used in spectacle frames.
* Construction: interior/exterior tile, streetlight, decoration lamp, and corrosion resistant metallic material
Zhiyuan saves time and increases productivity because it's one of the most complete sources of business and contact information.
If you would like to learn more about plastic components cnc parts, and other types, please be sure to visit Zhiyuan Metal Parts. We can offer you top quality as well as cost saving price.
Taizhou Zhiyuan Trading Co.,Ltd knew the only way to remain competitive was to ensure quality of service and customer satisfaction above all.